Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Monday, January 08, 2007

Sunday, December 31, 2006


Departure from Berne, NY
Heading down our mountain at 11:15pm to beat the ice storm. With rain and sleet as the temp was playing around the freezing point …success! We traversed the winding country roads to I-88 in Cobleskill, NY and proceeded to pick up I-90. What a New Years Eve, we pass thru a toll booth at midnight…Happy New Year! I phoned my baby, Jeter, to wish him a Happy New Year.
I hate to start off the New Year without him but we have a lot work and a long road to travel before we will return. His grandma is taking good care of him and his uncle plays with him (even though he professes to hate him). I hope Jeter doesn’t lose any IQ points from watching too much Dr. Phil with Gram. We pulled over at about 12:30-1AM at a rest area to sleep. Now the fun begins. We got a piece of 5” upholstery foam from Albany Foam and Supply, covered it with sheets, our duvet, electric blanket (not on yet), 3 Woolrich blankets and a quilt that I made. It was very warm in the back of the truck. I thought we would freeze but no way. We actually had a great nights sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home