Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tuesday, January 2, 2007





6:30am, rise and shine for Jimmy. I am sleeping in a little. Jimmy goes out and walks around and does a little stretching. We are right near the bathrooms – SCORE! I finally stumble out and make my way to the head. It is so nice and warm in there. If I was homeless, this KOA bathroom would be a great place to live. Jimmy has everything set up for breakfast. We fry up some Canadian bacon and eggs and have some bread.

The eggs come from my girls. They laid 3 dozen before we left. Cousins Tony, Amy and Zeb are babysitting the hens now and collecting the eggs. Lucky dogs. I’m still searching for my hot chocolate. It is packed who knows where right now. Jimmy knows where most of the stuff is but the hot chocolate eludes us for now. We are learning as we go along. Note to self: turn on Tony’s heater in the trailer BEFORE we sit down to eat. We clean up from breakfast and head out for Auburn, IN. Driving cross country has been beautiful. Diesel is getting cheaper as we head farther west. I got myself a Treo Palm 700 for Christmas. I’m still figuring it out. I can use it as a modem except I need to download the software. The Auburn KOA only has dial up so no luck there on downloading the software, maybe the next campground, they have free wireless. We get to the Auburn KOA, check in (another score by the bathroom), and we head to Walmart to get a few items (salad, tea, dvd etc.). Back to the KOA to get camp set up. We have a nice salad with chicken for dinner and I eat a Snickers bar for dessert, I was thinking about it all day. After dinner we head to the back of the truck where Jimmy reads his book on hiking in the Adirondacks and I get settled in for my favorite show, Law & Order. Thank God the repeats are over for the season. I checked in on Jeter (a bunch). He is entertaining his Grandma with his antics. Wait until she sees him read time on the stove clock, won’t she be impressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home