Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday is full of industry specific panels with a wide range of speakers, some thought provoking discussions and an inside view of other industry businesses that only goes to show that we all have the same small business issues. Lunch is served and we mingle amongst the roar of conversations. What a great atmosphere. Lunch comes to an end as the next round of panels start. YEAH! There’s ice cream. It’s funny we are just a room full of kids. Yes this day wouldn’t be complete if there wasn’t an open bar and dinner at the bus BBQ. The food is delicious and the company is fun as usual. I see a few new faces and run into Mark Spring and Ian Kinnersly who live in the area. Saw Opie in the lobby earlier in the day but didn’t get a chance to say hello. We hang out with the girls from Travel Wellness and the couple that has that really cool receipt scanner. The only thing not fun is that a band is playing way too loud so it is hard to carry on a conversation. Seth with Access Pass and Design stops by and is nice enough to give Jimmy a jacket. We go upstairs before we head to Sluggo’s again. Jimmy is working on the computer. I am flat out exhausted. I haven’t been able to sleep for almost a week and it is catching up. I lay down and sleep for 10 minutes. Apparently Jimmy has been talking to me but I am out cold. He finally whistles like he does to Jeter and I wake up and spring into action. I practically land in my shoes and I am out the door. Little trick I learned as a production assistant on the road…I just need 10 minutes to charge my battery. We head to Sluggo’s for just a half hour or so (yeah right). Jimmy is talking with Carl from Professional Wireless Systems and he is keeping Jimmy mesmerized from his tales when he used to work in communications at the White House. He worked under Reagan, Bush 1 and Clinton. I am talking with Martin Kelley and Kari Obernesser from Loews Denver about the issues of hotel check in, one of the pet peeves at the panel. It is so cool to see people from different parts of the industry trying to help each other in their businesses. Several hours later Jimmy is pointing at his wrist and pleading with his eyes, sorry bub I had my 10 minute power nap. I am enjoying a conversation with Jim Digby, Martin, Lance from Tour Supply and watching Allison from the Grand Hyatt Seattle beat up on Keith Mitchell from Shockwave in a merciless game of tic tac toe. Keith is trying to get me and Paiva to get up and play golf in the morning. I told them to call me. I am safe in the knowledge that they won’t make it so I can try and get some sleep. Tonight we are not last in the bar but it is still late. See you in the morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger tomp said…

    Michelle it was interesting to find someone with the same last name as mine since it is a unsual last name I was curious if we were related,Thanks tom

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey swag chick -- no new news since your birthday? Time to update this site -- hugs to you and Jimmy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home