Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tuseday, January 9, 2007

In the morning, we head in for a continental breakfast, compliments of the camp. Had some rice krispies and tea and donuts and visit with Buddy some more. We will definitely stay here again and enjoy more of the local history. We decide to go to El Morro which is a place where travelers would stop as far back as 400 years ago because there was always a pool of water….200,000 gallons to be exact. The pool consists of rain run off and melted snow. Sometimes this was the only water for several days travel. The walls are made of a softer stone so travelers would carve their names in the stone, a lot of them were very intricate, pure talent. Some date back to the 1600’s. It was a nice hike, beautiful weather and the sun was shining. Again knowledgeable park rangers and they gave me a book so I could play tour guide at each stop along the walk. We purchase a National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass so that we can get into all the national parks and other cool places. We head towards Williams, AZ near the Grand Canyon. This KOA has a pool and more importantly a hot tub. Boy do our weary bodies need this treat. We hop in the tub and then head for the showers. My conditioner and protein spray are frozen and my hair is in knots. Finally my spray thaws and Jimmy combs my hair for about an hour. I need to cut most of my hair off anyway. We have some dinner, watch House and while Jimmy reads about the Grand Canyon I fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home