Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday, January 6, 2007

We get up to head out of Cheyenne. After a quick trip to the Sierra Trading Post we continue on I-80 West through Wyoming. State Police fly by us and shut the highway down due to high wind conditions. Aw crap! Spoke too soon. Back to Cheyenne and look for an alternate route. We decide to go into Colorado via I-25 to the I-70 but alas there is an avalanche at the Berthoud Pass on the other side of Denver. We stop at a visitor’s center to weigh our options and I buy Jeter a stuffed chipmunk, I bet he eats it. He loves to eat chipmunks. We decide to play it safe and head down the 25 into New Mexico and then through Arizona. On our way through Colorado we stop in Pueblo to camp. The lady that owns the place is from Clifton Park, NY. Very nice KOA and they have tons of quail running all over the place. Way COOL.
We watch the news and hear that they had closed down a part of 25 south due to icy conditions and a bunch of idiots going off the road. By the way, Colorado: worst drivers in the world, next to L.A.. We were so looking forward to going to Cube. Can’t believe we are going to miss seeing their shop. See you guys in Mesa in a couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home