Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Up and At’em as the sun starts to rise, we hurry to pack up and head out. The Grand Canyon is only 60 miles away. Jimmy has been there before and tries to describe it to me but all I cam imagine is a big hole in the ground. He promises me that it will change me some how? On the drive up we listen to Angels and Demons on CD and I wonder what to expect at the Grand Canyon. We arrive at the park and head in, we drive around for a while trying to find parking for our truck and trailer, they should hand out maps at the entrance. We finally park and ready ourselves for a lot of walking, Jimmy’s excited and for me I just hope this isn’t a waste of time. Holy Shit….. It’s amazing, 10 miles across, 1 mile deep and 277 miles long, WOW! There is NO WAY a picture can capture this masterpiece of Mother Nature, the awesome power of time, wind and rain. It has the power to make you feel insignificant in the big scheme of life and as humans we fight over who’s God is better, when we should be loving each other because every God is the same in a nut shell….. Mother Nature. I will return more than once and hope to one day hike to the bottom, to experience the complete magnitude to this blessed place! He’s right I believe I am changed. We now head for Needles, Ca. for the night, this place is barren and ugly but here is a sunset to remember, what vivid colors over the mountains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home