Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pack up and roll, it is time for load out from the campground! Today it’s laser tag, mini golf and go cart racing. 11:30AM arrival for an 11:45 departure for an afternoon of fun for all. Yeah right, it’s rock and roll and never on time. We take off just a little off schedule. It is really great to see new faces and all the TourLink veterans from years past. Mini-golf starts and we are in the 1st group to play. Martin Kelley, Jamie Peck from BSL in Baltimore and us. The game is loads of fun. Who’s in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place doesn’t matter when you realize who you are playing with because I see across the course Dave Paiva putting backwards between his legs, imagine that…it’s by evolution that this industry is a species of its own. Next is lunch and then on to laser tag. I am in first place, maybe sharp shooting could be another career path for me? Now the always eventful go-cart racing starts. In the second group race, just leave it to Jimmy to bump and spin Teresa Tracy with the Hilton Indy around 360 in a hairpin turn. Well I guess whatever it takes to make new friends. The race stops temporarily as Jimmy is reprimanded by the track officials. I do come in second but may have taken the lead if it wasn’t for Jimmy’s mishaps. Back to the hotel in a beautiful Roberts Brothers Coach by Prevost. Sometimes I really do miss Prevost. It takes everything I have not to crawl into a bunk and fall asleep. Check-in and load in to our hotel room for a few hours of work and get ready for the opening night party. Downstairs at 7PM for food, drinks and laughs. By 10PM we all roll over to Sluggo’s for even more food, drinks and great conversations with even more new faces. For us it ends at midnight but for many others it goes on until 3 or 4AM. I promised myself that this year I would pace myself so I would be awake for golf on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home