Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day before Valentine’s Day and still getting the last minute calls for gifts. Packed up and on the road by 9am. As we head into Texas I look up Ford dealerships. My girl needs an oil change and my inspection sticker ran out in December. You know how redneck Texas can be. They will stop me every 10 feet because of the sticker. I find 2 dealerships in El Paso. I call the first one. They want $200 for an oil change and $60.00 for an inspection. Yeah, right. I call the other one. Shamalay Ford. $79.95 for oil and $12.50 for the inspection. That’s more like it. Plus they said it would take an hour and it did. They gave us a spot to park our trailer and took the big girl in right away. While we were sitting there this other guy was whining that it was taking 2 hours. The whole time I was there he kept going in and annoying the techs. No wonder it took so long. I would make him wait too. He was just a complainer. He had this nice “I’m fat and having a mid life crisis” Mustang. People like that don’t deserve nice cars. We head out and I get to stop at McDonalds. Yes that’s right. I made Jimmy stop there for lunch. Now I wish I didn’t. I got the McNuggets that have been sitting for an hour. I feel like I’m gonna puke, especially being in the back of the truck and bouncing around. We are trying to get to Abilene tonight. Probably will get in around 8ish. We will sleep in (hopefully) and head into Dallas tomorrow. We have a meeting at Vari-Lite on Thursday. We went through the border patrol without incident. The dog sniffed the trailer for Mexicans or drugs and waved us on. We finally get into the campground. What a looong day. I am finally able to post 2 weeks of the blog that I have been writing. I got email from our cousins in Poland. They sent pictures of Hanna who is just under a year and a half. She is so cute! Time for bed for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home