Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Friday, February 9, 2007





The day I have been waiting for; the real reason I am on this trip, Production Meeting 4. I get a little bit of a late start. Jimmy was going to come with me and drive the beer cart and take photos but with Valentine’s next week someone had to stay and work. I elect Jimmy to do that. I get to the course and Dave is calling me. We play enough golf together that he knows I’m usually early and on the range. I tell him I’m in the lot and will be right there. I get in and Dave is paying for the carts, they only take cash…glad he didn’t spend it all this week. I run down to the range with my clubs and see everyone. I start snapping some photos and then whack a few balls. This is not a good sign, I hit really good shots; this does not bode well for my course game but I actually play really well the whole game. I always get tired around 17 and that hole I usually suck at. But I try and finish in a better place on 18. Dave is my partner and we play with Frank Stedtler from EFM and Gary Chrosniak, PM for Godsmack. We have a great time. Frank sunk a 50 footer on 3 and I sunk a 36 foot putt but I don’t remember where. I don’t know what was in the wind that day but balls from the other foursomes came awfully close to hitting us. One flew through Frank and I on one tee and the other slammed down between me and Gary on another tee. I think Gary may have crapped himself…hehe. When we finish 18 I turn around and take photos of the others playing. Everyone seems to be having a great time. Barry Podob from LeParc Hotel and Kevin Miller from Venice Blueprint Company win.


They tied with Mike Amato and Jay Sendyk but they won on the handicap hole. Mike Llewellyn from EFM and Phil Duncan from ATS got the coveted Jackass Award for last place. Michelle Freedman from LeMontrose Hotel rode around delivering beer and water and Nicki Goldstein met us at the 19th hole. We all head out to La Luna y El Sol for munchies and drinks. The golf tales get wilder as the alcohol flows. Everyone is just happy to be hanging out together. I love this family. I hate to leave but I am whooped and John and Jimmy are cooking dinner. Back at the house they have rustled up one of John’s famous pork chop dishes, delicious as always. I fill my belly and head to bed. I haven’t had any decent sleep in I don’t know how long. I’m waking up every night between 2 and 3 AM and not really going back to sleep. Maybe I’ll sleep when I get home in March and see Jeter. He helps his mama sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home