Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Saturday morning is here and that’s more than I can say for a few people that have to be awoken by their offices wondering why they are still in bed….Paiva…..beauty rest, I guess it hasn’t worked for you. Panel discussions, lunch and more discussions. Jimmy only makes it to breakfast and lunch. He is busy uploading Valentine products and other work and doesn’t attend the discussions. I assume he is at work but I catch him goofing off with the guys outside. I show him who’s boss. You can take a PA off the road but not out of the girl. I quickly straighten them out only to disappear before they know what hit them. Paiva does a good imitation of me now. The boys razz Jimmy, I go back to business and Jimmy is off to work.
Well, the last night is here with dinner and the “Top Dog” awards ceremonies. By bus we are shuttled to the venue. By nature we are all still in grade school as some of the boys grab the bus mic and decide to entertain us. The stage is set for the awards as we all pile in to fill the place. Bob Seger’s “Turn the Page” accompanies a video of touring personnel that we all hoot and holler at as our friends come across the screen. But its end is humbling as we remember those we have lost too soon in life. The ceremony rolls on with all the hi jinx and rib jabbing that is expected but the visions and thoughts of lost friends and touring partners these past few years just won’t let go. Yes their friendships now turn to memories that I will carry with me always. God Bless.
What I need is what the Hyatt girls are throwing. A bustling party of spirits and sounds to get you moving around the room. The night trucks on and the goodbyes begin and we all wish and toast to a great year that’s already on its way. Good night and thank you all for a wonderful long weekend. Until next year, safe travels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home