Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sunday, January 28, 2007


Sunday is golf day. Boy am I ready, I’m just not sure my body is. It has been well over six months since I last played. I meet Paiva and his wife, Rose at 8:30 and we head to McDonald’s (yes, I am sneaking in some McD’s) and then to the course. I’m sure Rose is happy to have Dave out from under foot for the day. We head into the pro shop to get some range balls and I get a call from cousin Tony telling me the propane ran out. I tell him to turn on the electric baseboards. I’m not paying Suburban Propane any more money. I don’t trust them and I don’t like them. Don’t tell me I can’t have a gauge on my tanks so I can see how much propane I use. Chicks are doing good, don’t like the snow too much though. Amy and Tony have been selling eggs. Back to golf – head to the range to whack a few and get loosened up. Trying out the rescue clubs – they don’t seem to rescue my game. We pair up with Keith Mitchell from Shockwave Cargo and Chris “Pigeon Killer” Barnes from Cami Systems. We are the first to tee off. We are scrambling, the guys behind us are playing Lone Wolf and we all suck. The course is pretty nice – not used to the brown grass though. The grass is always green at the Roost. No one can seem to keep it on their own fairway and Paiva loses balls left and right. Now the “Pigeon Killer”. I will spare you the details but it is exactly how it sounds. The tee, the ball, pigeons on the tee box and a not so great shot. Stupid birds. I told Chris, had it been a Coot he would be up the creek with me. Nice round of golf, back to hotel and more goodbyes and off to the Mesa KOA to see Holbrook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home