Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Holy Recap, Batman!

Well wouldn’t you know it my computer got hit with a virus. Totally trashed my system. Took over a week to fix so I haven’t been able to post any blog entries or get work done. My system has been reloaded and updated and I actually got rid of a bunch of junk so my computer is running better. Can’t wait to get a Mac. Anyway back to our story…..

After a busy Valentine’s Day we met with Rich Booth from Vari-Lite. Had a great meeting there. Got to see part of the video from the 25th Anniversary party and got a really cool Genesis concert poster from 25 years ago. After our meeting we head back towards the campsite and stop for a lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Good food and I have enough left over for dinner. As we are heading out from lunch we see a sign for Acupuncture and Herbs. We stop in to see if I can get my herbs that I have run out of. Turns out to be a front for a whore house. So no herbs there. We spend the night in Dallas and get up in the morning to head towards our next stop…..Nashville. During this ride is when I discover that the computer has issues (virus). We stay just outside of Nashville at the KOA in Buffalo. We are out of “rabbit ear” range so we rent some movies from the nice lady that runs the place. We were one of the few people camping there so it was nice and quiet. We watch Road to Perdition and The Talented Mr. Ripley. In the morning we head to the Millenium Maxwell House Hotel to stay for the week. I am training with Larry Smith at Tour Guide Magazine on advertising sales and getting my computer fixed. We are also meeting with a bunch of current and future clients and friends. Tour Guide is in the Soundcheck Studios complex. I love this place. We run into all sorts of people that I didn’t even know were there. As we were walking over Bruce Heard jumps out of a truck and comes running over. Haven’t seen Bruce since we did Motley together back in 99. We caught up and found out he is working for MooTV. And oddly enough as we are talking Bruce says I need to talk to Barry Otto at MooTV about swag. Well wouldn’t you know it, Barry and I did Power Rangers together back in 95. It was like old home week. The best thing about this business is you may not see people for years but when you see each other again it is like no time has passed. At the Studio we visit with Jan, Kyle from StageCall, Lance from Tour Supply. I head out to visit some bus companies. I stop in at Hemphill Brothers and then run across to harass Chip at Nitetrain and visit with Lisa and Kimberly. Kim introduces me to Lesley at Nashville Coach and she needs tshirts for her crew. Jimmy and I go to visit with Gary at Roberts Brothers Coach. Gary’s brother David joins us. We get a tour of the facility and buses and talk about the expansion of this rapidly growing company. They are currently expanding into another massive building . We saw some buses being built out for upcoming tours. We really enjoyed our visit with this family owned business and look forward to working with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home