Musings of a Swag Chick

Welcome to my blog! Working, Working, Working. I hope you all appreciate me. ;-)

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Homeward Bound

We are supposed to be going from Pensacola to Austin to pick up our stuff in storage but we just want to get home. With all the people we have seen in the last 2 months we have tons of business to get done and I need to be at my desk in my office. I drop the kids off at school and go back to the house to pack up and we get a call from the school. Daniela is upset that I am leaving. I assure her that we will be back.

We start heading north. We get through Alabama just hours ahead of a tornado that ends up going through a high school and killing a bunch of kids. Crazy. We drive until about midnight when Jimmy gets tired. We crash out in a truck rest area for the night. Up early the next morning and straight to New York. We head up the mountain and pull into the driveway and wouldn’t you know it but my little Texas boy ends up getting the truck and trailer stuck in the snow. Not really his fault, the driveway is just shale and it was really wet so basically a mud pit. We called my cousin to bring up the tractor. We pulled the truck out first and then the trailer. The house was a total mess when we got home. Tony did a bunch of work while we were gone. We got a new bathroom, the house was insulated (there was zero insulation before we left), new ceiling upstairs, electrical, plumbing and more. It ends up taking Jimmy over a week to clean to some sort of normalcy. I wanted to get home to see my sweet little Jeter. He’s been having a good time with his grandma. The day I go down to pick him up he has disappeared. My brother left the dryer door open and Jeter decided to take a little nap inside. My mother shut the dryer door and locked the little man in. Now Jeter wants to get into our dryer at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home